Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Marvel Characters » Forgotten Foes.
PBGrimes
Monday, December 01, 2014 2:11:45 AM
Groups: Member
I like one-shot characters, especially villains with potential. So, I thought I'd make a thread to showcase them. Feel free to contribute to this list if you've stumbled on something noteworthy.

Thanks Wave

Name: Dark Man
Appeared In: Thor #323
Powers: The Dark Man is incalculably strong, lifting over 100 tons. Apparently immortal, he can regenerate or repair any wound, even decapitation. He can project destructive energy from his hands, generate storm clouds and teleport himself or others across dimensions via lightning. He wields a large stony axe and rides a horse with unspecified mystical properties. Dresses like Skeletor.

Has a companion named Desire. Apparently, master of a realm connected in some way to Asgard.

What exactly is that suppose to be on Attuma's head?
MoonKnight1
Wednesday, December 03, 2014 1:12:49 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I always thought the Black Abbot got short shrift.

Powerful enough to take on Thor but was reportedly killed (off panel) by a Scourge of the Underworld. I read the story arc (Marvel Team-Up v1 #146-148) when it came out and kept wondering why this guy never appeared again.

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. Then find someone who life gave vodka to and become friends with them.

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
lcfrick
Wednesday, December 03, 2014 2:25:02 PM
Groups: Member
One thing that always bugged me was how unresolved the F.A.C.A.D.E. storyline was in Spider-man. It went from Web of Spider-man 113-117

They push the mystery of who is the person in the armor, but cop out at the end by having Spider-man get distracted after ripping open his armor, allowing the user to escape.

Then he's just never mentioned again... until Amazing Spider-man 678 where Spider-man is running around trying to prevent a potential disaster and after he defeats F.A.C.A.D.E. he goes into super villain speech mode saying how Spider-man fill finally know his identity... only to have Spider-man move on to the next disaster.

Though I guess technically that second appearance means he wasn't forgotten... just dumped and it was a nice way of saying he doesn't matter anymore.