Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Marvel Characters » Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
Warpath72
Saturday, September 08, 2007 9:49:24 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Spider-Man

First appearance: Amazing Fantasy #15 (Aug. 1962)

Created by: Stan Lee (writer), Steve Ditko (artist)

HISTORY:

[This space will be used for a chronological history of Spider-Man, to detail events in the character's life. Please feel free to write up a brief history or simple origin (in your OWN words, not plagerized) to get the thing started. You may always add to the history or suggest changes. You can submit it as a post or send it to me in a message, and if it looks good, I'll add it to the main post.]

Peter Benjamin Parker was born to Richard and Mary Parker, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.. At a very young age, Peter's parents were killed while trying to capture the third Red Skull. Peter was adopted by his loving Aunt May and Uncle Ben who lived in Forest Hills, Queens, in New York City. They raised and loved Peter and although he was very smart he became unpopular at school. While visiting a science exhibit, he is exposed to the bite from a radioactive spider. This caused Peter to gain the proportional speed and strength of a spider while also giving him the ability to cling to walls as well as warn himself of potential dangers using his spider sense. Peter immediately saw a financial side to his new powers and soon became a TV phenomenon after wrestling Crusher Hogan. After filming a television show, the studio is robbed and Peter lets the thief run past, saying "it isn't my problem, I only look out for number one now". That same thief later goes on to murder Peter's Uncle Ben. Peter, overcome by guilt, remembers the famous phrase "With great power, there must also come great responsibility". With these words Peter dedicates his life to crime fighting and helping others becoming the Amazing Spider-Man!
Amazing Spider-man #1- Peter Parker tries to join the Fantastic Four and also fights his first villian..the Chamleon. Also the first appearance of JJ Jameson and his son John
Amazing Spider-man #2- Peter fights the Vulture and begins his job at the Daily Bugle
Amazing Spider-man #3- Spider-man meets Doc Ock!
Amazing Spider-man #4- Betty Brant and the Sandman make an appearance in this issue
Amazing Spider-man #5- Doctor Doom attempts to recruit Spidey..little does he know, Peter Parker is a hero not a villain
Amazing Spider-man #6- The first appearance of Dr. Curt Connors alter ego..The Lizard!
Amazing Spider-man #7- Return of the Vulture! With appearances by Flash Thompson, JJJ, Aunt May,Liz Allen and Betty Brant
Amazing Spider-man #8- First appearance of the Living Brain with an appearance by the Fantastic Four
Amazing Spider-man #9- First appearance of Electro

QUESTIONS:

[This is for questions to get the character's discussion started. As above, you can post a question or send it to my mail.]

Go on the warpath at TWR Comics!!!!!!

TWR stands for Team Warpath Racing...
Check out some of my Youtube videos of building the big-block for the project Camaro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjw61TK2YgE
Warpath72
Sunday, September 09, 2007 4:15:12 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Ultimate Spider-Man

First appearance: Ultimate Spider-Man #1 (Oct. 2000)

Created by: Brian Michael Bendis (writer), Mark Bagley (artist)

HISTORY:

Set in modern times, Ultimate Peter Parker goes to Midtown High School in Forest Hills, Queens. Although he is still as smart as his 616 counterpart, he is slightly less socially inept. Peters parents were killed in a plane crash when he was very young. Instead of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, his parents were scientists working on a suit to cure cancer (which would later become Venom). Peter was sent to live with his Aunt May and Uncle Ben who appear to be former hippies. While at a field trip to Osborn Industries, Peter is bitten by a genetically enhanced spider that was injected with the OZ formula. This causes him to develop spider-like powers similair to his 616 counterpart. While at school he gets into a fight with the school bully, Flash Thompson. Peter breaks Flash's hand and his parents sue the Parkers. Peter uses his new found powers to enter a wrestling match to anonymously acquire the money to pay for Flash's medial bills. The wrestling coordinator is the first to give him his familiar costume, but without the web design. After being accused of stealing money from the wrestling league, Peter is chased out of the building by the other wrestlers. On his way back he runs into a burgular robbing a deli. Peter could have easily stopped him but doesn't. Peter later gets into a fight with his Aunt and Uncle and leaves the house to go to a party at a friends. Here his Uncle finds him and gives him the "with great power, comes great responsibiliy" speech. Peter runs away and decides to tell his Aunt and Uncle about his powers. Upon returning home he finds his uncle murdered and after chasing the thief to a warehouse, he find it is the same man he had a chance to stop. Peter webs him up using shooters he created and an adhesive formula his father started. Returning home he breaks down into Mary-Jane Watson's arms (being friends with her before the series started). Peter promises to help people usng his powers thus becoming Ultimate Spider-Man.

QUESTIONS:
Go on the warpath at TWR Comics!!!!!!

TWR stands for Team Warpath Racing...
Check out some of my Youtube videos of building the big-block for the project Camaro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjw61TK2YgE
TheRealGrayson
Tuesday, May 03, 2011 1:21:10 AM
Groups: Member
What about spiderman 2099?
rook68
Monday, January 13, 2014 11:44:48 AM

Caption should read. "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" Like the pig in the Gieco commercial. Lol. The art isn't' bad. I just wanted something more bad arse and epic for Parker's return.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

charliejoe
Friday, February 07, 2014 12:56:03 AM
I am fan of gaming and reading comics since childhood. I loved The Spider-Man(Peter Parker).
Charlie Joe
jamieereynoldss
Wednesday, June 12, 2019 6:23:41 AM
Lord, he is older than my mother!
Stan Lee was a cool guy, once he was able to catch the fashion for superheroes. I have been revising Spider-Man all my childhood.
Especially when I was given some strange and incomprehensible assignments in college, I was inspired by these films. It’s good that LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR is now there and you can find topics for complex tasks.
"With great power, there must also come great responsibility"
NathanielPhelps
Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:39:28 AM
"With great power, there must also come great responsibility" credo of my life.
ArthurSolomon
Thursday, June 20, 2019 1:42:06 PM
NathanielPhelps wrote:
"With great power, there must also come great responsibility" at credo of my life.

Yes, this is an interesting credo that is ready to be provided for any part of the connected trait. So if you are looking for the purpose like this, it is necessary to describe it in different words.
MoonKnight1
Friday, June 21, 2019 2:55:35 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
ArthurSolomon wrote:
NathanielPhelps wrote:
"With great power, there must also come great responsibility" at credo of my life.

Yes, this is an interesting credo that is ready to be provided for any part of the connected trait. So if you are looking for the purpose like this, it is necessary to describe it in different words.

In any endeavor actions and complications arise from certain events. Word chains can activate any number of situations and definitions. Fiction and obfuscation will abound with veritable actions. Yellow suitcases in motion stress mighty water finish. Tongue

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. Then find someone who life gave vodka to and become friends with them.

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
jamieereynoldss
Monday, June 24, 2019 4:10:57 AM
ArthurSolomon wrote:
NathanielPhelps wrote:

Probably every man himself need to come up with a credo. Although, if the words are good, then you can take someone else's.

LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR
lcfrick
Monday, June 29, 2020 1:58:03 PM
So in Previews this month, they're soliciting Amazing Spider-man legacy #850 for $9.99.

2 years ago I wondered why Marvel went to ASM #801 before restarting at #1... and now I think I know why.

It's legacy #850, but #49 non-legacy. Which means next month is going to be #50... which will probably be a double sized, maybe even $9.99 issue as well.

And oh look, why don't they just go ahead and start the series back over at #1 after that instead of #51, so you can get another double sized issue... or maybe even a 3rd $9.99 issue in a row.

Then they get to do it all over again in 2 years when it hits legacy #900.
MoonKnight1
Monday, June 29, 2020 2:19:50 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
lcfrick wrote:
So in Previews this month, they're soliciting Amazing Spider-man legacy #850 for $9.99.

2 years ago I wondered why Marvel went to ASM #801 before restarting at #1... and now I think I know why.

It's legacy #850, but #49 non-legacy. Which means next month is going to be #50... which will probably be a double sized, maybe even $9.99 issue as well.

And oh look, why don't they just go ahead and start the series back over at #1 after that instead of #51, so you can get another double sized issue... or maybe even a 3rd $9.99 issue in a row.

Then they get to do it all over again in 2 years when it hits legacy #900.

That is absolute genius! Shame on You Nailbiting

What is the Over/Under on the number of Variant Issues for that? Confused

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. Then find someone who life gave vodka to and become friends with them.

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations