Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Marvel Characters » Hulk
Warpath72
Sunday, September 09, 2007 4:34:45 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Hulk
Created by: Stan Lee (writer), Jack Kirby (artist)

[image here]

Aliases: Mr. Fixit
Identity:
Citizenship:
Place of Birth:
Known Relatives:
Group Affiliations:
Known Allies:
Known Enemies:
Base of Operations:
Education:
1st Appearance: Incredible Hulk vol. 1, #1 (May 1962)
Origin:
Height:
Weight:
Eye Color:
Hair Color:

Powers/Weapons:

History:

Dr.Robert Bruce Banner was a nuclear scientist who had created a gamma bomb. During a testing of his bomb, Bruce Banner was caught in the blast and the gamma radiation infected him and caused him to transform into the giant green monster known as the Hulk (in the original stories Hulk was grey). Dr. Banner is known to transform into his green alter ego when he is angered and the angrier he is the stronger he becomes. As a result of his rage he is constantly pursued by the police and army and General Thadeus "Thunderbolt" Ross (Banner would later marry his daughter Betty). Hulk has 3 incarnations: Savage Hulk, the violent form. The Gray Hulk, a smarter but less powerful version and the Professor, who is a merge of the powerful violent Savage Hulk and the intellectually gifted Gray Hulk.

QUESTIONS:

For a time prior to Incredible Hulk #300, the Hulk had Banner's intellect. How does this relate to the later "Professor" persona which combined the Banner, Savage Hulk and Gray Hulk personas?
Go on the warpath at TWR Comics!!!!!!

TWR stands for Team Warpath Racing...
Check out some of my Youtube videos of building the big-block for the project Camaro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjw61TK2YgE
CosmicAvenger
Monday, September 10, 2007 5:42:03 PM
Groups: Beta, Characters Host, DC Host, Member
I think I read somewhere that when Banner "Hulks Out", the version of Hulk that comes out is random. Like smart Hulk, or crazy Hulk. Is there any truth to this?

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Warpath72
Thursday, September 13, 2007 7:10:28 PM
I cannot find any indication that Banner changes into the various Hulk personailties at "random". However, wikipedia has this explanation of the interaction of the different personalities when the series was written by Paul Jenkins:

Jenkins wrote a story arc in which Banner and the three Hulks (Savage Hulk, Gray Hulk, and the Merged Hulk, now considered a separate personality and referred to as the Professor) are able to mentally interact with one another, each personality taking over their shared body.

The entry also suggests that the current "Green Scar" Hulk is a new persona.
Go on the warpath at TWR Comics!!!!!!

TWR stands for Team Warpath Racing...
Check out some of my Youtube videos of building the big-block for the project Camaro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjw61TK2YgE
Warlock
Friday, November 02, 2007 11:03:39 AM
Just an opinion on the characteristics of the three Hulks. When the grey Hulk was introduced in Incredible Hulk Vol 1, somewhere in the 320's or 330's, he did seem intelligent in comparison with savage Hulk.

But to call him an intellectual and to say the Professor drew upon his intellect I think would be off base.

My recollection of those issues is that grey Hulk, Mr. Fix-it was his alias, was it not?, talked like a hood. What characterized him most, I thought, was that his morality was as grey as his skin. Yes, his strength was diminished, but his cunning and willingness to fight dirty offset this.

this might have changed under different writers, but this was my impression.
Bristow1
Wednesday, September 23, 2009 1:10:48 PM
Groups: Member
There are an infinite number of possible Hulk's, this was talked about during Paul Jenkins run. The versions of Hulk seen so far are Green Hulk Wall (rampaging, not the brightest), Grey Hulk Cool (Joe Fixit, smart but weaker), The Professor (Best of the other 2), Devil Hulk Devil (Killer and very devious), Green Scar(Best version ever!!!!) and the often forgotten version of when Banner could turn into Hulk at will Green version, while maintaining his intellect. Peter Davids run on Hulk is a must read for all new Hulk fans, then Paul Jenkins followed by Greg Pak.
Jeph Loeb Color Books = Tracing

Collector: Hey man. If somebody draws something
and then you draw the same thing right on top of it, not going out-side the designated original art, what do you call that!
Little kid:I don't know. Tracing?
Collector:(to Banky) See?
Banky: It's not tracing.
Collector: Oh, but it is.
Banky:(to Little Kid) Do you want your book signed or what?
Collector: Hey - don't get all testy with him
just because you have a problem with your station in life.
Banky: I'm secure with what I do.
Collector: Then say it - you're a tracer.
isalazar
Sunday, June 27, 2010 5:31:51 PM
The Hulk reached it's peak with Planet Hulk. The decline started with World War Hulk and it's complete with War of the Hulks. Any comments from the Hulkmaniacs out there?

isalazar
Sunday, July 25, 2010 8:22:15 PM
A little character sketch study by Alex Ross of the Hulk. I hope you all enjoy it.

gtb138
Tuesday, November 09, 2010 9:48:36 PM
I picked up the first three installments of Incredible Hulks Dark Son for a buck each at my LCS and thought they were pretty good. The art is good and the story is keeping my attention so far. Not a big Hulk fan, but for a buck I picked them up.

angelc0p
Wednesday, October 16, 2013 7:02:51 AM
what about the mindless hulk when he and bruce banner were separated?
rook68
Friday, January 24, 2014 11:46:56 AM
isalazar wrote:
The Hulk reached it's peak with Planet Hulk. The decline started with World War Hulk and it's complete with War of the Hulks. Any comments from the Hulkmaniacs out there?

Hmmm...what Salazar said. Was a big Hulk fan for long time. Stopped reading the many Hulk titles for a while. Saw that red Hulk is with Thunderbolts. Anybody out there reading any Hulk titles? Anything worth while?

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

rook68
Friday, January 24, 2014 12:06:33 PM

Damn! Spock photo bomb. Hulk Smash!

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson