Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Marvel Characters » Captain America (Steve Rogers)
Warpath72
Sunday, September 09, 2007 9:17:18 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Captain America

First appearance: Captain America Comics #1 (March 1941)

Created by: Joe Simon (writer), Jack Kirby (artist)

HISTORY:

Skinny Steve Rogers was born to Sara and Joseph Rogers in Manhattan's Lower East side. As World War 2 approached, Steve Rogers was a fine arts major in illustration. Seeing the horrors of the Third Reich, Steve tried to enlist in the army but was rejected due to his skinny frame. A soldier then asked Steve if he was willing to participate in a top secret project called "Operation Rebirth". Rogers agrees and is selected by Dr. Reinstein (Emil Erskine) to receive the Super Soldier formula. This enhances Steve's body and puts him at Olympic-level strength and speed. These effects take place after injections and oral consumption of the serum takes place and only after he is bombarded with "Vita Rays". A Nazi spy reveals himself and shoots and kills Dr. Reinstein. With his death, important parts of the serum are lost, having been previously commited to memory and never written down. Steve kills the Nazi and vows revenge. The government gives him his shield, side arm and the code name Captain America.

QUESTIONS:
Go on the warpath at TWR Comics!!!!!!

TWR stands for Team Warpath Racing...
Check out some of my Youtube videos of building the big-block for the project Camaro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjw61TK2YgE
thomas4d4
Sunday, September 09, 2007 11:42:16 PM
Groups: Member
In what issues do they show his origins?
Warpath72
Monday, September 10, 2007 4:15:31 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Tales of Suspense #63 (March 1965) was the earliest account of Cap's origin, although it has been retold in many forms since. ToS continued a recounting of WWII Cap stories up through issue #71.
Cap was revived in Avengers #4 (March 1964), which explained how he fell from an experimental drone plane into the North Atlantic Ocean and spent decades in suspended animation.
Go on the warpath at TWR Comics!!!!!!

TWR stands for Team Warpath Racing...
Check out some of my Youtube videos of building the big-block for the project Camaro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjw61TK2YgE
VaDMoore757
Saturday, September 22, 2007 6:59:40 AM
Alright, I love Cap probably as much as the average fan, however, I want to throw the "BS Flag" on something I read. It has been widely publicized that Cap has no superhuman powers...that he's the perfect specimen of human conditioning and development. Well, I can't help but to compare him to the best the REAL WORLD has to offer and say well if the world record for the 100m dash is 9.74 then cap is "X" amount faster. So if Cap can do something, I'm supposed to believe that a human with enough training could possibly obtain these feats that Cap achieves or at least come close, right? I have no problems with that whatsoever. My problem comes with the way Marvel interprets it after I read the Marvel Database entry for Captain America's Powers and Abilities. Some of the things I find ridiculous are that he is virtually immune to intoxication from comsuming alcohol. Seems a lil far fetched even for the most conditioned of human athletes. Cap can run a mile in 1minute? Get the F*uck outta here! That means Cap runs @ 60mph (60 mph is a mile a minute). The best of human athletes can run the mile in about 3 and a half minutes or so, so you mean to tell me the PEAK of human development will allow a real man to run the mile in 1 minute? I don't think so! Also, Steve can dodge bullets because he "sees faster than them"? Crap! I don't care if you can "see" a bullet coming, no one is fast enough to dodge one!
Countdown #31 when Jimmy Olsen was being analyzed by Cadmus:

Dr. Sterling Roquette: Just kick back and, as Mr. Cannon here so eloquently put it, relax. Let the AMBIENT NUCLEAR ULTRA-SPECTROGRAPH do its thing.
Jimmy Olsen: Why don't you guys just use an acronym?
Dr. Sterling Roquette: You think about that.

My Pull List

Marvel
Astonishing X-Men, X-Men, New X-Men, X-Factor, Uncanny X-Men, Cable & Deadpool, Black Panther, Runaways, Ironman, Mighty Avengers, Avengers Initiative, New Avengers, Thor, Moon Knight, Amazing Spider-Girl, Nova, Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-Man

DC
All Star Batman & Robin, Justice League of America, Flash, Supergirl, All Star Superman

Other Publishers
Midnighter, The Authority, Wetworks, Devi, Gen13, Madame Mirage

Raziel84
Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:19:37 AM
I thought it was peak human potential without being mutant.Yeah I don't think cap should be running 60 miles per hour or dodging bullets but he should be faster and stronger than any olympic athlete with the perfect combination of speed strength and endurance.As for the toxins issues makes sence that if his body hit the next step of evolution without going mutant his liver and kidneys would be improved also.Cap is peak human not olympic level human like Moon Knight or Punisher or any of those guys.I do agree that he sometimes gets overwritten but I like most his statsThink
ComicReaderBatman
Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:09:51 PM
I wonder if the formula for the super soldier wasn't destroyed would there be more captain America's.

You decide!
I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
The_Ghost
Sunday, August 26, 2012 9:17:00 PM
Groups: Guru, Media Host, Member
ComicReaderBatman wrote:
I wonder if the formula for the super soldier wasn't destroyed would there be more captain America's.

You decide!

I think the intention was to create more than one Captain America. They wanted a super soldier army, didn't they? The serum was lost after being used on Rogers so that plan for a super soldier army never happened.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
BurningDoom
Sunday, August 26, 2012 9:22:51 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
The_Ghost wrote:
ComicReaderBatman wrote:

You decide!

I think the intention was to create more than one Captain America. They wanted a super soldier army, didn't they? The serum was lost after being used on Rogers so that plan for a super soldier army never happened.

But then there was the altered version given to Nick Fury. Why not use that, at least?
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
ComicReaderBatman
Monday, August 27, 2012 7:27:10 AM
BurningDoom wrote:
The_Ghost wrote:
ComicReaderBatman wrote:

You decide!

But then there was the altered version given to Nick Fury. Why not use that, at least?

Well Nick Fury is a boss but I don't think that serum they gave Nick Fury was as powerful as Steve Rogers.
I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
StreetNERD
Monday, September 03, 2012 2:32:00 AM
just wondering is there no way for anyone to go back in time an get the formula or will that Fu*k sh*t up in Present date ?
SHAZAM!!!!

follow me @ComicHeadTerry on Instagram
rook68
Friday, January 24, 2014 11:32:28 AM
StreetNERD wrote:
just wondering is there no way for anyone to go back in time an get the formula or will that Fu*k sh*t up in Present date ?

Lol. That is story waiting to be written. As far as Captain America dodging bullets. He got a shield to block them. He doesn't need to dodge them. He did get shot point blank and died once....

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson