Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Comic Books » Batman vol 1 #420 2nd print
Kevinbruns
Sunday, June 16, 2024 2:44:00 AM
Groups: Member
So, figured this might be the best place to post this at this point.

The ***STOCK*** photo being used for Batman #420 is of the 2nd printing of this book.
The only difference is the fact that in the price box it ******* ONLY ******* lists the US 75 cents price tag. ***AND*** the UPC box contains the Bat symbol artwork, and people often mistake the 1st print direct for it as the price box is similar. (only it contains UK/CAN prices as well)

I've reached out to a couple of vendors but at this point, I think it would be easier just to ask here if anyone actually has a copy of it. It is becoming a unicorn for me to find one and its the only 2nd printing of the series that I don't have.

If you need a visual cue of the differences- then follow this link-
https://www.comics.org/issue/44523/cover/4/

Also at the very least... could someone maybe change the stock image for the A cover to the correct book as well? That would be a swell thing to do!

My Bat Vol 1 is up to 1,318 different issues/reprints/variants/etc.... so it is getting hard to find the few obscure books I don't have.

Thanks

Thundercron
Monday, June 17, 2024 11:40:51 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Thanks for the info! I just checked my copy, and it is the first print. I've trained myself to look at the UPC boxes during this era of Batman to find reprints, but I hadn't thought to look at the price box even if the UPC box checked out. These reprints are wily! I'll try to upload my copy into the A slot when I do my next round of Change Requests.
Kevinbruns
Monday, June 24, 2024 12:32:10 AM
Groups: Member
Thundercron wrote:
Thanks for the info! I just checked my copy, and it is the first print. I've trained myself to look at the UPC boxes during this era of Batman to find reprints, but I hadn't thought to look at the price box even if the UPC box checked out. These reprints are wily! I'll try to upload my copy into the A slot when I do my next round of Change Requests.

Yeah, this era of DC books is an absolute royal PITA. Even they lost track of what printing they were on, on a couple of issues.
The issue is that none of these books are inherently valuable and most are just 'filler' books. So either people (and this is more of an eBay thought here) don't know the particulars when posting books so often its just a front cover photo. (which doesn't work when back cover (or worse) only internal ads are different to distinguish versions, or people sitting on "needed" random printings aren't posting them for sale because... well selling dollar books on eBay does nothing but increase your workload.

Fortunately for me though, at this point, I have MOST of everything.. Makes the hunt much harder for the final few random fringe books but, if they never turn up its not the end of the world.

Ive been working on CPV and UK Pence copies for awhile now as well and im so close to finishing those too so Ill be happy then. Interestingly, I find it odd that the UK Pence copies (in general) have been relatively inexpensive compared to CPVs. Especially considering all the books came off the same presses in Sparta IL, at the same time.
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, June 25, 2024 10:04:46 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Kevinbruns wrote:
well selling dollar books on eBay does nothing but increase your workload.

I found this out the hard way. Tongue I thought that by adding a whole bunch of similar titles would encourage people to get a few at a a time but no. I mean, every once in a while someone would get 4-5 or so but that was the exception to the rule.

I still list some overstock there. Like if I have 20 copies of something I'll put some up here and some there just to have two vectors to get rid of them.

Kevinbruns wrote:
people (and this is more of an eBay thought here) don't know the particulars when posting books

Very true and it's not just comics. The eBay people (not all of them, just the clueless ones) put some ridiculous claims in their listings. Just the other day I was researching a G. I. Joe figure and someone had it on the Bay. They stated in the listing that it was "Vintage". It was made in 2022. I'm sorry but a 2 year old item is not vintage.

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. Then find someone who life gave vodka to and become friends with them.

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations