Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comics Marketplace » The Seller's Corner » State of the Hall Address - July 2024 Edition

State of the Hall Address - July 2024 Edition

MoonKnight1
Thursday, July 04, 2024 1:48:27 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Hello everyone and Happy Birthday to The United States of America! Applause Dancing Party

Even though I only got one box of comics listed in June I have been busy. Got a couple pallets of toys from an overstock company and have been busy listing those on my eBay store. I finally got my bags and boards so I will be back to adding books this month. The last batch was Marvel 80's-90's heavy with large chunks of Marvel Comics Presents, New Mutants, New Warriors, Power Man and Iron Fist and Power Pack.

Not sure what's up next but I will let you know next week. For now, it's off to the grill and that rack of ribs I have roasting there. I hope that you all have the same number of fingers tomorrow that you did today and - Hail America! Drooling

Hall of Heroes Store Policies

NEWFree S&H for orders of $40.00 and up.
- This option is for Media Mail to the US only. I have separate pricing for Priority Mail and International orders

ALL Comics come bagged and boarded - Gold and Silver books will always come in Mylar bags no matter what cost or condition. Some other (but not all) high dollar comics will be in Mylar as well. If you want all of your books in Mylar please send me a PM.

Every* order ships in a cardboard box
*International orders ship in a Flat Rate Priority Envelope with cardboard packing - if you want 6 comics or fewer it might be cheaper to use First Class International, please send me a PM. International orders too big to fit an envelope will be sent in a cardboard box.

ALL orders come with tracking or customs form number information - Also, I only mark an order as "Shipped" after I have dropped it off with the Post Office. Notification will be sent as soon as possible thereafter, usually within 24 hours.

Grading - I do my best to grade judiciously and impartially. If you have a disagreement with a grade I have assigned to a book then please contact me with your concern. I am not perfect. I make mistakes but I would never intentionally misrepresent a book's condition. I am always trying to improve and graciously accept constructive criticism.

Fast Shipping - I attempt to ship every order the next business day and same day if possible. In general I do not ship on Saturdays.

International Shipping Program (ISP) - If you want to buy something from a CCL Store that doesn't offer International Shipping I will buy it and then send it to you for a nominal fee - 10% or $5 whichever is less. You DO NOT need to make a purchase from my Store in order to use the Service. Please send me a Personal Message with details.

Combine With eBay - If you want to buy something from here and my eBay store then I will combine shipping. Not only that, but my Free Shipping option of $30 or up will count toward the combined total between the stores. So if you buy $15 here and $15 there I will ship together for free! Please make sure you send me a PM (Personal Message) here to alert me that you have ordered from both platforms. Please do not contact me on eBay for this offer as I'm sure they would probably frown upon it.

If you are a Newsstand collector feel free to PM me and I will let you know if my copy for sale is newsstand or Direct.

I return Feedback when I receive it. My reasoning behind this is until I hear back from you I don't know if you have received your package and if you were happy with it or not. If you leave me a Rating and I don't reciprocate please remind me. I stay on top of it as much as I can so it's usually not a problem. If there is a problem that causes you to consider leaving non Hero feedback PLEASE contact me and allow me the chance to make things right.

I will provide scans upon request. If you want one be sure to send me your e-mail address and I will get it right out.

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. Then find someone who life gave vodka to and become friends with them.

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
MoonKnight1
Friday, July 12, 2024 11:48:25 AM
Shop at My Store
Just listed another box! This one is mostly filler type books with only a couple of large runs including Quasar and Thor. Next up is going to be a bunch of Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider (2nd series), G. I. Joe: A Real American Hero, Incredible Hulk and Uncanny X-Men - all from the 80's-90's. Should be up by the end of next week.

Have a nice weekend!

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. Then find someone who life gave vodka to and become friends with them.

MoonKnight1
Monday, July 22, 2024 10:43:21 AM
Shop at My Store
Got another box up!

Large runs of Fantastic Four (340-392 - 27 issues), Ghost Rider - Danny Ketch (3-25 - 21 issues), G. I. Joe: A Real American Hero (2-121 - 85 issues) and Uncanny X-Men (159-390 - 79 issues). Plus a small number of Tales of G. I. Joe, all 4 G. I. Joe Yearbooks, a few early Ghost Riders and some Uncanny X-Men Annuals. These are almost all Newsstand Editions if you are interested in those or not. Way more than 50% and probably closer to 70-80%.

I will get another box up this month. Maybe by the end of the week but if not then early next week. This one is going to be G. I. Joe Special Missions, Guardians of the Galaxy (1st series) and Incredible Hulk (212-422). These are also going to be Newsstand heavy. To round out the box there will be some nice DC stuff. Not sure which ones yet but when I do I will let you know!

Oh, and a little bit of unfortunate news. The USPS has raised shipping prices again. That's four times in a little more than 12 months. It used to cost $4.13 to ship from 1-4 or 5 comics but that is now $4.63 a whopping fifty cent increase. So sadly that means that I have to raise mine as well. I hate doing it but to not do it would be a bad business decision. My base rate has gone from $4.25 to $5.00 and Free Shipping has increased from a $45.00 to a $50.00 purchase. I am really sorry that I have had to do that. Let's hope that USPS doesn't raise rates again anytime soon.

I wanted to be up front with you all and not try to hide things. Thank you for understanding. Big Hug

MoonKnight1
Tuesday, July 30, 2024 9:55:27 AM
Shop at My Store
Latest box has been added!

Two items of note in this one are a sizeable run of Guardians of the Galaxy (1st series) going from #1-53 and a very large batch, 140+, of Incredible Hulk (also 1st series) from #212-422. An added bonus of a couple dozen G.I. Joe: Special Missions from the 1980's. All of the preceding comics are Newsstand heavy. I would guess more than 80% so if you want those or do not please check the Market Notes to be sure you get what you prefer.

Fantastic news! I'm getting more overstock from my friends at Velocity Comics here in Richmond. A total of 30 long boxes. Whew! I will be picking them up on Thursday and go through and see what I get. Judging by last time it will be a lot of newer comics, from the past five years or so, and a large variety of publishers. Of course there will be Marvel and DC as well and mostly in higher condition, i. e. VF range.

Somehow I will have to find some room to squeeze them into my already packed warehouse space but that's a problem for Future Howie to deal with. Tongue

Hope you all are enjoying the last bits of Summer! For me it's just waiting for the Fall. Cooler temperatures, football is back, what more could you want?

See ya in the funny pages! Wave