Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Movies » Worst acted movie ever!!!
2 pages: [1] 2
Taino71
Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:14:25 PM
Groups: Member
I've seen some bad acting in my life but the worst is a movie from 1985 called "No retreat, No Surrender". It was Van Damme's first role and it was so badly acted my buddies and would get drunk and watch it for laughs. We probably watched few dozen times and was never disappointed.

Whats yours?
"None of you understand, I am not locked in here with YOU, YOU are locked in here with ME!"
jaryd1241
Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:32:55 PM
Street Fighter The Movie D'oh
KingZombie
Thursday, January 17, 2008 11:13:41 PM
The original Gone in 30 Seconds. Bad acting but great 20 minute car chase scene!
VaDMoore757
Thursday, January 17, 2008 11:21:44 PM
How about the 2nd Mortal Kombat? The 1st one was bad but the 2nd made the 1st look like Casablanca! At Wits' End
Countdown #31 when Jimmy Olsen was being analyzed by Cadmus:

Dr. Sterling Roquette: Just kick back and, as Mr. Cannon here so eloquently put it, relax. Let the AMBIENT NUCLEAR ULTRA-SPECTROGRAPH do its thing.
Jimmy Olsen: Why don't you guys just use an acronym?
Dr. Sterling Roquette: You think about that.

My Pull List

Marvel
Astonishing X-Men, X-Men, New X-Men, X-Factor, Uncanny X-Men, Cable & Deadpool, Black Panther, Runaways, Ironman, Mighty Avengers, Avengers Initiative, New Avengers, Thor, Moon Knight, Amazing Spider-Girl, Nova, Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-Man

DC
All Star Batman & Robin, Justice League of America, Flash, Supergirl, All Star Superman

Other Publishers
Midnighter, The Authority, Wetworks, Devi, Gen13, Madame Mirage

Batman007
Friday, January 18, 2008 3:51:52 AM
Dolemite!!!!!!

So bad that it's good.
Capekiller
Friday, January 18, 2008 5:14:30 AM
I think Jean Claude V.D.'s name will show up on this list a couple of times! I have to think more about this. There are so many, and I want my choice to be good!
number91
Friday, January 18, 2008 6:29:59 AM
Have to agree with Taino on no retreat no surrender. But pretty much any Van Damme film up to Universal Soldier could easy be added to this list. And most of his films since then for that matter.
JRaup
Friday, January 18, 2008 8:12:49 AM
The Dungeons and Dragons movie. Other than Richard O'Brien, there wasn't a single redeeming performance in the entire thing...
R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN

CCL RULES

"Evolution is overrated." - Gorilla Grodd
"So many cross-overs...So many tie-ins..I..need...more...CHARACTER!" - Secret Sacred Wars Roach
CCL Store: JR's Spare Comics
Homepage: www.home.earthlink.net/~deaconblue3
Blog: www.deaconblue.wordpress.com
PSN: JRaup

If you are having trouble logging in, please email helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com for assistance. Be sure to include your user name.
kingfish333
Friday, January 18, 2008 10:04:31 AM
Howard the Duck

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules HERE

Clarkent13
Friday, January 18, 2008 12:14:28 PM
Breakin 2
"I love you Ozone"
icarus201
Friday, January 18, 2008 1:00:55 PM
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host
Body of Evidence. Madonna is bad in everything she does, movie-wise, but this is the absolute nadir of her attempts. Her slipshoddiness seems to have also infected her co-star Willem Dafoe, who is normally a reliable performer.
Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
VaDMoore757
Friday, January 18, 2008 2:15:54 PM
icarus201 wrote:
Body of Evidence. Madonna is bad in everything she does, movie-wise, but this is the absolute nadir of her attempts. Her slipshoddiness seems to have also infected her co-star Willem Dafoe, who is normally a reliable performer.

She wasn't bad in her 2 min cameo in that Bond movie!
Countdown #31 when Jimmy Olsen was being analyzed by Cadmus:

Dr. Sterling Roquette: Just kick back and, as Mr. Cannon here so eloquently put it, relax. Let the AMBIENT NUCLEAR ULTRA-SPECTROGRAPH do its thing.
Jimmy Olsen: Why don't you guys just use an acronym?
Dr. Sterling Roquette: You think about that.

My Pull List

Marvel
Astonishing X-Men, X-Men, New X-Men, X-Factor, Uncanny X-Men, Cable & Deadpool, Black Panther, Runaways, Ironman, Mighty Avengers, Avengers Initiative, New Avengers, Thor, Moon Knight, Amazing Spider-Girl, Nova, Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-Man

DC
All Star Batman & Robin, Justice League of America, Flash, Supergirl, All Star Superman

Other Publishers
Midnighter, The Authority, Wetworks, Devi, Gen13, Madame Mirage

The_Ghost
Friday, January 18, 2008 2:25:05 PM
Groups: Guru, Media Host, Member
Starship Troopers. The whole movie was horrible, not just the acting.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
icarus201
Friday, January 18, 2008 3:15:01 PM
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host
VaDMoore757 wrote:
icarus201 wrote:

She wasn't bad in her 2 min cameo in that Bond movie!

She still managed to spoil the film with her dreadful theme song; one of the worst Bond songs, no the worst, by far.
Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
punisherfan1138
Friday, January 18, 2008 4:05:44 PM
Angel's Revenge. It's a 1970's jiggle-fest shown on Mystery Science Theater 3000, and even though the movies on there were supposed to be bad, the non-acting of the main cast was really atrocious.
Oriasten
Friday, January 18, 2008 10:47:04 PM
woohoo a worst movie thread time to bring up the subject of the movie I love to hate

FARGO.........its only redeeming quality is Steve Buschemi is in it.....thats IT...and it was far from his best gig.....what really killed it for me was the pregnant cop.....she sounded JUST LIKE my 8th grade math teacher....a person I HATED back in the day. Now I am far from a redneck despite the place I am not so proud to call home. I talk faster than most Northerners I run into........but that upper midwest German influenced South Dakota accent that woman had was so bad I ended up hating the movie........well ok the scene with putting the guy's body in a woodchipper was kinda cool, still the worst movie I've ever seen

as far as a crappy cheesy get drunk and make fun of it movie.....I saw this flick one night on Showtime with my ex wife called Murdercycle, the movie was so bad and the acting was so terrible we HAD to watch the rest of it. The story line was interesting tho. Alien rock hits earth, alien symbiant being possesses a guy on a dirt bike and the guy AND the bike is turned into a cool a$$ Streethawk (remember Streethawk on USA back in the Airwolf days?)looking demon bike, and goes around killing anyone that is involved with a piece of alien technology that was lost. Throw in a military aspect for good measures. Great movie concept but I think I had the budget for this movie in my bank account when I had my highest paying job. What sucks is I have not been able to find it on DVD. I think Blockbuster.com had it but I am a Netflix man.
Lead Guitarist and Vocalist of

Rectifier!

a Progressive Metal band born right here in Greenville SC, home of the Egpytian Death Metal band Nile
KingZombie
Friday, January 18, 2008 11:27:07 PM
Oriasten wrote:
woohoo a worst movie thread time to bring up the subject of the movie I love to hate

FARGO.........its only redeeming quality is Steve Buschemi is in it.....thats IT...and it was far from his best gig.....what really killed it for me was the pregnant cop.....she sounded JUST LIKE my 8th grade math teacher....a person I HATED back in the day. Now I am far from a redneck despite the place I am not so proud to call home. I talk faster than most Northerners I run into........but that upper midwest German influenced South Dakota accent that woman had was so bad I ended up hating the movie........well ok the scene with putting the guy's body in a woodchipper was kinda cool, still the worst movie I've ever seen

as far as a crappy cheesy get drunk and make fun of it movie.....I saw this flick one night on Showtime with my ex wife called Murdercycle, the movie was so bad and the acting was so terrible we HAD to watch the rest of it. The story line was interesting tho. Alien rock hits earth, alien symbiant being possesses a guy on a dirt bike and the guy AND the bike is turned into a cool a$$ Streethawk (remember Streethawk on USA back in the Airwolf days?)looking demon bike, and goes around killing anyone that is involved with a piece of alien technology that was lost. Throw in a military aspect for good measures. Great movie concept but I think I had the budget for this movie in my bank account when I had my highest paying job. What sucks is I have not been able to find it on DVD. I think Blockbuster.com had it but I am a Netflix man.

Actually, the thread is "worst acting in a movie" and I loved Fargo! Their accents and the way they talked cracked me up! Oh yah! You betcha!
Oriasten
Saturday, January 19, 2008 3:49:31 PM
well I saw Fargo back when it came out to video. Now the accents are what stuck in my head over time, but as a movie buff I am sure if something else in it had enough redeeming quality to it, it would have stuck with me too, like Buschemi being in it and the woodchipper scene. I was disappointed in the movie cuz I had high hopes for it after seeing Big Lebowski what was written by the same people if I remember correctly.

And I did kind of keep on track with the acting theme with my story about Murdercycle, that was a great, horribly acted movie
Lead Guitarist and Vocalist of

Rectifier!

a Progressive Metal band born right here in Greenville SC, home of the Egpytian Death Metal band Nile
punisherfan1138
Saturday, January 19, 2008 4:34:12 PM
Okay, I have to recant on my previous post. I forgot about ED WOOD! Not the Johnny Depp movie, I mean any movie made by Edward D. Wood Jr. EVERY MOVIE HE MAKES HAS THE WORST ACTING EVER SEEN!!! This is due to the fact that many of his movies star non-actors.
jamnloki
Monday, January 21, 2008 6:38:56 PM
Groups: Guru, Member
Purple Rain
R.I.P. Morgan Anthony Jacques

R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN

** Make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules **:HERE