Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL Comics Library » Change Request Discussion » Nexus volume numbering
SwiftMann
Monday, February 18, 2008 12:39:51 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member
On February 2nd, I submitted the following Edit Request:

Quote:
Title Nexus (Vol 2)
Book Type Comic Book
Publisher -NEW PUBLISHER- Capital Comics/First Comics/Rude Dude Productions
Description Capital Comics/First Comics/Rude Dude Productions 1983 - Current [Capital Comics published #1-6, First Comics published #7-80, Rude Dude Productions published #99-Current. #81-98 were published as a series of mini-series and one-shots by Dark Horse.]

Giving this a shot as I'm trying to clean up the Nexus issues. There are only two series simply entitled "Nexus". The original 3-issue b&w series titled Nexus (Vol 1) in the database and Nexus (Vol 2), which has switched publishers over the years. Currently, what should be Nexus (Vol 2) is spread out over three additional "volumes" in the database. This is an attempt to merge these into one title. As the database's (Vol 3) contains most of the issues, I'm changing it to (Vol 2). If this is approved, I will submit INVALD requests for (Vol 2) and (Vol 4) and add the issues into this title. Thanks.

The last time I saw the voting it was something like 15-1. On February 5th, the submission was rejected with the comment "What needs to be done is the volume indicators need to be removed. They are improperly listed. Please submit edit cover title requests to remove the volume indicators from vols 3 & 4. Thank You."

I still believe this should be one title. The numbering of the first 80 issues was continuous and it was the same creative team (with some art fill-ins here and there) the entire time. I don't understand the logic of breaking these up by publisher when the treatment of the Dell/Whitman/Gold Key books has been embraced by CCL or even more recently The Boys move from WildStorm to Dynamite or the Flight anthologies constantly changing publishers are all under one, unified title.
sgriffin
Monday, February 18, 2008 1:13:41 PM
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Member
As you probably guess from the Fantastic Comics thread, I'm with the approver on this one. Each publisher is a different series.
Megalomaniac Extraordinaire
Spider-Man
Monday, February 18, 2008 3:10:13 PM
Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber
This is tough because of all the publisher changes. While I agree with having books of the same name but different publishers being seperated, this is different because the numbering is continuous. But putting all the publishers and the numbering sequence in the Description looks unwieldy.

One possible way is to keep them seperate, but put the previous and next publisher info into the Description. Such as: First Comics 1983 - 198? 73 Issues [Continued from Nexus - Capital Comics, continued in Nexus - Rude Dude Productions] Something like that.
comicscastle
Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:14:57 AM
Groups: Member
I think we should list by title first and formost, not publisher. If the series is continuous and maintains its numbering, like the examples given, then it should be under one title. The Dell/Gold Key/Whitman example is perfect. The Tarzan books are kept together under those imprints, but then seperated when DC takes over. It seems like a bit of wanting it both ways.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe