Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Desktop Software » "The program Comic Collector Live has encountered a problem and needs to close"

"The program Comic Collector Live has encountered a problem and needs to close"

2 pages: [1] 2
Shane
Tuesday, April 22, 2008 9:28:47 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Member
Ok, So it has recently come to my attention that alot of people are suffering from a strange microsoft error when trying to open up their CCL Software.

The error reads as follows

"The program Comic Collector Live has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost."

Well, it turns out that this problem is most likely caused by a windows update.

The good news is there is a simple solution to fix this problem!

All you have to do is head to:

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/downloads/cleanup_tool.exe

You want to run that file.

Then say yes through all the prompts. You want to keep everything default and say “Cleanup Now”.

It will uninstall your .net framework.

Once its complete, head to

www.comiccollectorlive.com

redownload and reinstall the CCL Software and everything should work again!

Post your experiences here!
Shane
New Extension. Same level of customer support!
1-615-264-4747 ext: 122.
Feel free to call that day or night!

edm451
Friday, May 02, 2008 1:41:42 PM
Groups: Member
Thanks for the post.

The first time I attempted your instructions I got more "... has experianced a problem and needs to close" messages.

I tried again and it all went smoothly. Everying is installed and running well.
vacantpassenger
Friday, May 02, 2008 10:44:55 PM
Will doing this erase any data? Should we back it up first?
Sirs
Saturday, May 03, 2008 12:07:44 AM
you should alway backup when you do anything like that
You Gotta Go Here

If you can help with anything please check this out

Our Little Binga
vacantpassenger
Saturday, May 03, 2008 12:12:47 AM
True, but I just want to know anyway.
Joe
Saturday, May 03, 2008 8:02:20 AM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber
should not hurt your data, but as sirs said, you should always back up all data before doing any upgrade. For that matter, you should back up at least once a day if you use your computer a lot.

Joe Butler
CEO / Founder

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

edm451
Saturday, May 03, 2008 11:37:15 AM
Okay, so this I don't get...

I followd instructions, the problem was fixed and CCL worked fine yesterday. Today it's back to the "...has encountered a problem..." messages.

I will fix and reinstall a second time.

As for backing up any data it was unneccessary for me.
Shane
Tuesday, May 06, 2008 11:37:43 AM
Yes, this shouldn't hurt your data, However it is always a good idea to backup just in case.

Quote:
Okay, so this I don't get...

I followd instructions, the problem was fixed and CCL worked fine yesterday. Today it's back to the "...has encountered a problem..." messages.

I will fix and reinstall a second time.

As for backing up any data it was unneccessary for me.

Are you fixed now?
Shane

mwalsh72
Thursday, May 15, 2008 9:19:38 AM
I'm not having exactly the same problem, but I thought reviving this thread might be better than starting a new one...

It started out with me getting the "CCL database may be corrupt" error. I restored the DB from backup and it loaded. The startup sequence goes as normal, but as soon as it finishes the "Loading My Comics" and opens the GUI the program simply ends. No error message, no warning, just gone. I even unintalled & redownloaded the software, but the same thing happens--as soon as the program starts to open--poof.

I'm running WinXP SP2 on a DSL line. If there's any other info you need, let me know. Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind. As usual, as soon as I ask for help it fixes itself. Either that, or you guys are just that good!Cool After a reboot everything's running fine, despite the fact that I'd tried rebooting twice before to no effect. I guess the third time was the charm.
Shane
Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:27:36 AM
Cool Glad to know your up and running again! post again if you have any more trouble
Shane

WhiteLiger
Friday, July 04, 2008 3:55:20 PM
I also get a message sort of like this one. Whenever I run CCL I get this pop up message :

After clicking the X button it returns. After three times of dismissing this error it goes away. But it always cames back 4-5 mintues later, needing me to X it out again 3 more times. This message doesn't actually affect CCL that I can see, but its really annoying. Got any suggestions?
Jim
Friday, July 04, 2008 4:02:37 PM
You might need to reinstall IE.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177

or

1)Before following these steps make sure you have Firefox or other browser alternative to Internet explorer
2)Go on your task manager and in any tab press New Task in File
3)And run firefox.exe or go on browse and look for your browser
4)Go to www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?iertutil and download ietutil.dll.
5)Unzip it
6)Put iertutil.dll in c/WINDOWS/system32

Disclaimer*
This info comes without guarantee. Proceed with caution and at your own risk. As always be sure to back up your data prior to doing any work.
WhiteLiger
Friday, July 04, 2008 6:44:58 PM
Well, I downloaded the dll file, but now I get a new error message :

WhiteLiger
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 9:23:59 PM
Sorry for the bump, but does anybody have any ideas?
Buddy13
Saturday, January 10, 2009 1:39:26 PM
Will this method fix this error?

I'm pretty sure the .net framework is important and I don't want to go wiping it out without being sure that it'll fix my problem. I've tried the MS fix, which is basically to allow the program to write to the special memory place, but after I go through the whole process, it says "Oh, just kidding, you can't allow this program to do that". If the above-mentioned techniques won't help, is there anything that will? I'm falling dangerously behind on my comic-tracking, and by the time I abandon this software, I'll be overwhelmed by how much keeping up I have to do.

Also, an obligatory smiley: Crying
Shane
Monday, January 12, 2009 2:10:29 PM
Buddy13 wrote:
Will this method fix this error?

I'm pretty sure the .net framework is important and I don't want to go wiping it out without being sure that it'll fix my problem. I've tried the MS fix, which is basically to allow the program to write to the special memory place, but after I go through the whole process, it says "Oh, just kidding, you can't allow this program to do that". If the above-mentioned techniques won't help, is there anything that will? I'm falling dangerously behind on my comic-tracking, and by the time I abandon this software, I'll be overwhelmed by how much keeping up I have to do.

Also, an obligatory smiley: Crying

That error could be a number of things. Give the cleanup utility a try and see if that gets you all fixed up. Running that cleanup utility shouldn't clash with too many other programs and it can be reversed if need be so no need to worry. If not then we can troubleshoot from there.
Shane

BluegrassComics
Friday, June 04, 2010 3:07:44 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I get an error, more similar to Buddy13's, except a whole lot longer with more entries. And I don't recall my message saying anything about corrupt memory. I had zero errors the first week of CCL, but now I get my Fatal Error message all the time. Yesterday I got it 3 times in a row, before it worked on the 4th try.

However, CCL does not close after the error. After you click okay, it just goes to the software, none of my database info is loaded (no titles, issues, stuff for sale, etc.). It's like the app is just an empty framework.

Afterwords, I did think of one thing that may have caused my problem, and I will be watching myself. The first three times I tried to launch the app yesterday, I was actually trying to launch another app too. First, I had launched DVD Profiler, and while it was still loading, tried to launch CCL. The next time it was Adobe Photoshop and the third time was Battlefield Heroes. The 4th time I tried, I had Photoshop and DVD Profile up and running in the background, and CCL loaded with no problems.

So maybe CCL has some conflict with trying to load into memory at the same time as another program.

BTW, I'm running Windows 7 on an Intel Dual Core with 4GB of RAM.

The next time I get a Fatal Error, I'll snip it and post it up here.
BluegrassComics
Friday, June 04, 2010 7:17:42 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store

This is the Fatal Error that I get. I can confirm it only occurs if you are trying to load another program to memory while you launch CCL. It appears it can be any program and it will error. I tried 5 times in a row with five different programs and it gave the same error every time. Then I did it three times in a row with no errors, but CCL was the only program loading.
Joe
Friday, June 04, 2010 9:57:07 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber
BluegrassComics wrote:

This is the Fatal Error that I get. I can confirm it only occurs if you are trying to load another program to memory while you launch CCL. It appears it can be any program and it will error. I tried 5 times in a row with five different programs and it gave the same error every time. Then I did it three times in a row with no errors, but CCL was the only program loading.

Thanks for the detailed info. This will be put on a bug list and fixed next upgrade.

Joe Butler
CEO / Founder

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Empires
Friday, July 02, 2010 7:12:59 PM
Well I used the program and I'm bumpping into problems with Mocrosoft NET. Not sure what the problem is but I may have to dump out of the site. Way earlier than I wanted to. Ugh.